Venus 60mm f/2.8 Super-Macro Lens
[embed]http://youtu.be/uSpE_JE7Uyo[/embed] An exciting new lens has recently been released from brand new lens manufacturer Venus Optics (full name: Anhui ChangGeng Optical Technology Company Limited). Venus Optics based in the Anhui Province in Eastern China, label themselves as "Specialists in Macro Photography" dedicated to bringing more new and revolutionary macro lenses to the market.
We target to keep launching extraordinary lenses to the market. The coming lenses with likely be a 15mm wide-angle Macro Lens. Estimated to be ready by early 2015. - from Venuslens.net/about/
VENUS 60mm f/2.8 Ultra-Macro Lens
VENUS 60mm f/2.8 Ultra-Macro Lens Features
- Magnification range from 0.1x to 2x. Easily alter the magnification ratio without installing any extension tube or teleconverter. Ideally suited for rapidly changing macro photography scenarios.
- Wide magnification range also makes it extremely useful for shooting macro objects (e.g. insects) with different sizes.
- Designed also for normal shooting purposes with a 60mm focal length. An all-in-one solution for normal portrait shooting as well as ultra-macro photography.
- Houses with 9 elements in 7 groups patented optical structure to provide great deal of image clarity and color renderness.
- The optical system consists of 2 major moving lenses groups in order to minimize the barrel distortion.
- 14 pieces of aperture blades form a close-to-circular aperture, capable of creating creamy shallow depth of view.
- The enclosure of the lens is made of metal to strengthen its durability.
- A complimentary lens pouch and filter are included in the package.
- Canon EF, Nikon F, Sony Alpha and Pentax K mount are available
VENUS 60mm f/2.8 Ultra-Macro Lens Specifications
|Angle of View||25.3 degrees|
|Format Compatibility||APS-C (Both Macro and Normal shooting) Full-frame (Macro shooting only)|
|Lens Structure||9 elements in 7 groups|
|Min. Aperture Size||22|
|Min. focus distance||18.5cm|
|Max. Magnification Ratio||2x|
|Dimensions||95 x 70mm|
[tabby title="In the Box"]
- Venus 60mm f/2.8 2X Ultra-Macro Lens x 1
- Front & Rear Lens Caps
- UV Filter x 1
- Lens Pouch x 1
- 3-yr warranty card x 1
Nikon 60mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Micro-Nikkor Lens
Nikon 60mm f/2.8G Micro Lens is the Venus's current competitor. With similar specifications and build, the Nikon 60mm Micro lens will be the benchmark for comparison. You can results of their photos side by side here. Keep in mind this is straight from the Venus website not a third party test.