A List of Every Canon FD Lens Ever Made
With the inception of mirrorless cameras in 2012, a whole new world of lens options have opened up. Unlike a traditional SLR, mirrorless cameras have no mirror mechanism, leading to an overall smaller size and reduced Flange Focal Distance. This reduced flange distance is one of two factors that allow nearly any lens to be mounted to a mirrorless camera without the need of an extra optical element.
Hopefully you already have some knowledge of the use of FD lenses and made your way to this page in an effort to diversify your FD portfolio. Glad you made it, here is a list of every Canon FD lens ever made!
NOTE: If you are looking for an FD lens for interior architecture for use on an APS-C sized sensor - there is none. The ideal widest focal length would be a FF equivalent of 17-18mm, that means a 12mm lens and sadly there is no Canon FD 12mm. I recommend the Rokinon 12mm f/2 available in 5 mounts.
List of Canon FD Lenses
|Lens Name||Grp -El||Angle of View||Diaph||Min. Aper||Min. Focus (m.)||Diameter X Length||Weight (g.)||Filter Size||Hood||Notes|
|Fish-Eye 7.5mm f/5.6||8-11||180°||Man.||22||72x67.8||380||Note 1|
|Fish-Eye 7.5mm f/5.6 S.S.C.||8-11||180°||Man.||22||72x62||380||Note 1|
|New Fish-Eye 7.5mm f/5.6||8-11||180°||Man.||22||72x62||365||Note 1|
|Fish-Eye FD 15mm f/2.8 S.S.C.||9-10||180°||Auto||16||0.3||76x60.5||485||Notes 2,3|
|New Fish-Eye FD 15mm f/2.8||9-10||180°||Auto||22||0.2||76x60.5||460||Notes 2,3|
|New FD 14mm f/2.8L||10-14||114°||Auto||22||0.25||74x83.5||500||Notes 3,4|
|FD 17mm f/4||9-11||104°||Auto||22||0.25||75x56||490||72|
|FD 17mm f/4 S.S.C.||9-11||104°||Auto||22||0.25||75x56||450||72|
|New FD 17mm f/4||9-11||104°||Auto||22||0.25||76.5x56||360||72||BW-72|
- Built-in SKY, Y3, O1, R1, CCA4, and CCB4 filters
- Built-in SKY, Y3, O1, and R1 filters
- Built-in hood
- Built-in filter holder
- CAT coupling pin
- Tilt/Shift (79° angle of view with shift)
- Autofocus on T-80 body only
- Drop-in type filter
- Detachable tripod mount
- Built-in tripod mount
- For use with fixed focal length lenses of 300mm or greater
- For use with fixed focal length lenses of 300mm or greater and zoom lenses with 300mm in their range
- For use with fixed focal lenth lenses less than 300mm and zoom lenses with a maximum length less than 300mm
- Use Extender FD 2X-B with New FD 300mm f/2.8L
- Use Extender FD 2X-A with New FD 200mm f/4 Macro
This amazing resource was originally compiled in 1997 by Dennis Baron of Massachusetts Institute of Technology: MIT.
The original post can be found here.